The Blood Rising is/was an Assault Cube Clan created on February 6th, 2010; and ended on May 26th, 2013.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» a look back
Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm by Soulker

» moved and settled pretty much
Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm by Sticky

» CyberSecurity Bills
Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 am by Iguana

» Raspberry Pi
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm by Iguana

» New IRC server
Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm by Iguana

» Nomz Nomz gone wrong....
Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm by DaRealRocky

» akimbo ac_wadi?
Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:50 am by Bloodsport

» {TBR} vs [SODA] (tie)
Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm by BHO

» linux/unix jobs on the rise
Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:43 am by Bloodsport

Top posters
DaRealRocky

Bloodsport

Iguana

ReEsEs

ASCII

*SMG_3m*

MerCyKiL

Soulker

Badass Teddy

Share | 

valve has great news for you linux users :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: valve has great news for you linux users :)   Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:14 am

here read this link....

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/30/valve-actively-seeking-linux-devs/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

my fave game of all time half-life and half-life 2 will shortly be available for linux.... i would asume all the games on steam will be ported to linux not just valve games but might be wrong non the less......you guys will have real games available to ya now.....not that ac isn't a real game....but valves games have the best netcode around so nice to play lag free lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodsport
Admin

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:49 am

It would be great if that happens. As the article says, the rise of Android makes a good reason for them to port the code to Linux-like operating systems. Still, I would expect it to be many months before we see anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:25 pm

yea i mean it's not gonna happen TODAY...... but at least you know gaming is coming to linux in the near future...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ASCII

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:34 pm

I hope this goes better than what Netflix promised. Two engineers said they were working on getting instant watch running on Linux and three months later Netflix announces they abandoned the project Sad

Anyhow, I don't game anymore, but that seems pretty sweet for the Linux community, seeing as games seem to be the biggest thing deterring Windows users away from the OS.

Also, haven't posted in around a year so hai Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iguana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:01 pm

omg ascii u lies, ubuntu does have gnome 2, its in edubuntu
Code:
sudo apt-get install edubuntu-desktop lubuntu-desktop xubuntu-desktop kubuntu-desktop

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iguana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Steam for Linux Beta Opened for Users
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Steam-For-Linux-Beta-Opened-for-Users-302549.shtml

I have a feeling anything related to steam for linux will cost money..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodsport
Admin

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Excellent news. I have created a steam account and applied for the beta. My setup is fairly unusual and I've been using Linux for years so hopefully I will have a reasonable chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:12 pm

sweet cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iguana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 pm

steam beta https://57un.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/getting-steam-beta-on-your-tux-os-with-simplicity/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodsport
Admin

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:43 am

Strangely enough, I was just trying to get the steam beta installed. I came up against 2 problems: I forgot my steam account name, and valve only supply a .deb installer. Supposedly it does work on other distros, but it was starting to look like a bit too much of a ball ache for a relaxing Saturday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   

Back to top Go down

valve has great news for you linux users :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1